Ed Cotter is a Qualified Environmental Engineer with a strong background in sustainable development within the built environment. Ed is the Director of the Australian BioRegional team, and a trainer in the One Planet Communities principles, through working with them during the development of BREEAM Communities in the UK. He has extensive experience in advising many local planning authorities, development and design teams on benefits the early integration of innovative technologies and process that assist in maximising the sustainability potential of development projects. He also has extensive experience in water sensitive urban design and integrated urban water management.
- Project Leader – Green Star Communities for the GBCA
- Lead Consultant for development of the Green Building Index’s Township Tool for Malaysia
- Expansion and delivery of BREEAM International throughout Europe, Asia and South America – BRE
- Creation and implementation of BREEAM Communities for the UK– BRE
- Management, Development & Implementation of Sustainable Assessment Tool, STEPS – Moreland City Council