Building Classes 5-9 (offices, retail, wholesale, car parks, public and aged care buildings, warehouses, and production and storage facilities) must meet the energy efficiency requirements outlined in the Australian Building Code Board BCA Volume 1.
- Detailed assessment of the building plans
- Clear and concise recommendations to address areas of non-compliance
- Comprehensive Section J Report – required to obtain a Building Permit / Construction Certificate (CC)
- Professional, efficient and reliable service
- Competitive fixed-fee pricing
Section J Report includes:
- Part J-1 Building Fabric
- Part J-2 External Glazing
- Part J-3 Building Sealing
- Part J-4 Air Movement
- Part J-5 Air-Conditioning and Ventilation Systems
- Part J-6 Artificial Lighting and Power
- Part J-7 Hot Water Supply
- Part J-8 Access For Maintenance
- Site Plan showing building orientation
- Floor Plans
- Elevations and Sections
- Window and Door Schedule (new & existing)
- Electrical & Mechanical Services Plan
- Heating, Ventilation and A/C System Specs
- Lighting plan
Upon completion you will be provided with a comprehensive Section J Report, verifying that the proposed building works comply with all applicable parts of the energy efficiency regulations. This report is required in order to obtain a building permit or construction certificate in all states of Australia.
Please note that sole-occupancy units in Class 2 buildings and Class 4 parts of buildings are assessed using accredited House Energy Rating software. Multi-Unit Developments must achieve an average energy rating of at least 6 stars, and individually achieve an energy rating of at least 5 stars.