Organica Engineering delivers exceptional value in the delivery of our services. Ian Adams, director of Organica Engineering, has extensive experience in Green Star and all aspects of Sustainability in building and planning. He is a leading Green Star certified assessor and trainer and he is also an accredited Environmental Management systems auditor.
Organica Engineering has worked extensively with construction companies and all levels of government in tackling a range of sustainability issues such as: energy and water efficiency, Sustainability Strategy development and implementation, toolkit development and Green Star certification.
Relevant experience with Sustainability in building design and sustainability strategy development includes:
- Assisting the GBCA in technical development of Green Star Custom tools and calculators;
- Assessing over 100 Green Star submissions as a GBCA Certified Assessor, providing an in-depth understanding of current best practice sustainability in commercial buildings in Australia – this includes assessing Australia’s first Green Star Custom submission.
- Regularly facilitating the Green Star Accredited Professional Workshops on behalf of the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA);
- Assisting numerous organisation such as the Australand to successfully deliver the Green Star interiors Schenker project at Tullamarine, and Drapac to deliver the 6 star 200 Victoria St EPA headquarters.
- Helping numerous organisations develop Green Building policy, projects and strategy systems, such as the Australand, Mirvac, MFB, Department of Defence, Sustainability Victoria, Places Victoria, the DHS, and Councils such as Blue Mountains City Council, Queanbeyan, Penrith, Brimbank, Darebin, the City of Port Phillip and Knox.
|Sustainable Buildings and Toolkits||Organica Engineering has helped deliver hundreds of sustainble buildings working with Australia’s leading builders and government departments.
OE has undertaken most of the technical development work for both the SDS and STEPS tools over the last 6 years. We have also had extensive experience using the tools as ESD officer Councils such as Knox, Dandenong, Hobson’s Bay and Whitehorse and also in training Councils and community stakeholders in Sustainability Tools.
|Relevant qualifications in environmental engineering or related experience and/or qualifications.||Ian Adams and other OE staff are Qualified Sustainability Professionals. Ian has around 10 years’ ESD engineering experience. CV’s available on request for our full list of qualifications, accreditations and affiliations.|
|Both industry and government experience||Our experience includes working with many Victorian Councils and organisations such as the Department of Defence, the Department of Human Services, RMIT University, Places Victoria, Sustainability Victoria, Mirvac and Australand on implementing and reporting on their Sustainability Strategies. Our focus is on developing strategies, toolkits and solutions to allow organisations to achieve robust sustainability outcomes.|
|Occupational Health & Safety, Equal Opportunity and Business Viability.||Organica Engineering P/L has a formal written OH&S policy and procedures (available on request). We are an equal opportunity employer. We have also been in business for over 5 years and run our business on sound financial principles.|